cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Bandwidth Throttling on 'Discord' voice comms

Over the last 2-3 days there has been a very obvious change for me on Discord (a voice communcations programme) while on BT.

Anyone not using them as an ISP is fine, however i'm experiencing huge packet loss / latency issues where the programme is useless at times. This (as far as i can see) is down to BT thorottling the programme.

Discord works like a P2P facility as far as i know, so it may be something to do with that. But it's a perfectly legal programme / application / whatever so should work fine 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bandwidth Throttling on 'Discord' voice comms

BT don't throttle any longer.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Bicceh,

We wouldn't be throttling your speeds. Have you noticed any issues with any other services or is it solely with Discord's servers? Are your broadband speeds ok?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Absolutely everything is perfect except for Discord. On the three different server I've tried it can be OK for around 10 minutes, and then become a mess.

The only other people who I speak to who suffer from the same issue are people on BT also

0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Just to show everything is fine bar discord:

My current speed:

My Current Line Stability:

Discord:

See that lovely up and down line? It's not meant to go up and down............

0 Ratings
DrBerk
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

I have exactly the same issue, as does a friend who has just moved to BT.

Additional observations are that often when I attempt to disconnect then reconnect to the voice servers, and it produces a No route error.

Most of the problems are resolved temporarily by rebooting the homehub, but obviously with multiple users, it's rather inconvenient

0 Ratings
vulcan86
Message 7 of 7

I have this issue now; I moved to BT within the last month.

I really don't knnow what's causing it. Restarting the hub hasn't helped at all.
It appears at it's worst around 7pm-10pm in the evening on weekdays.

Has anyone got any suggestions on what I should do here?

0 Ratings