cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Bandwidth throttled

Torrent traffic was working fine yesterday, but today it seems like someone forgot to remove the limitation (fair policy).

All days was the same, torrents start downloading with 4Mb, but in few seconds speed drops to 9 kbps. Tried with 5 different sites and like 20+ torrents, same thing. Anyone experiencing the same problem?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
MeanMint
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: Bandwidth throttled

Read the terms and conditions, all torrent traffic is managed. The best I have every got is around 26Kbps during peak times. Off peak I have no idea as I just wake up in the morning and my 18GB download has finished.

http://meanmint.spaces.live.com/
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 19

BT manage P2P as the network requires it.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

I have BT service for like 3 months, and for what I experienced the peak times are between 4 PM - 12 PM. During the business hours, since I have this contract, torrent traffic was not throttled. Apparently today is. Hard to work when you can't exchange information with clients during business hours (homeoffice and so). Also inconvenient for the client to find an alternative (FTP for example) if the main proven way of exchanging files is useless. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

@Webby wrote:

True that, it is also called unreliable connection...

Basically you charge me a constant sum of pounds, and you give me what service you feel like, when you feel like.

So, instead of provisioning more bandwidth to make me, as a client, happy and enjoy what I have paid for, you limit me when you feel like thus making me angry and unable to work. Cool business approach. 

0 Ratings
MeanMint
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 19

I'm confused by your post.

This infinity forum is for home use only, you seem to be going on about working and supplying clients with information. That would indicate to me you are a business using a home product.

Different terms and conditions for Business use and Home use, and differnet forum.

http://meanmint.spaces.live.com/
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

@TheDarkWanderer wrote:

@Webby wrote:

True that, it is also called unreliable connection...

Basically you charge me a constant sum of pounds, and you give me what service you feel like, when you feel like.

So, instead of provisioning more bandwidth to make me, as a client, happy and enjoy what I have paid for, you limit me when you feel like thus making me angry and unable to work. Cool business approach. 

I don't work for BT, I'm a customer just like you.

It's very clear in BT's terms and conditions that P2P traffic can be managed as network demand increases.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
gurka
Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Just download them over night, same with usenet. Simples.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

@MeanMint wrote:

This infinity forum is for home use only, you seem to be going on about working and supplying clients with information. That would indicate to me you are a business using a home product.

Different terms and conditions for Business use and Home use, and differnet forum.

Home office mate. Still, that has no relevance. The fact that the traffic is unreliable is the problem.

BTW, alot of unrelated blah-blah and no real facts...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

@TheDarkWanderer wrote:

@MeanMint wrote:

Home office mate. Still, that has no relevance. The fact that the traffic is unreliable is the problem.

BTW, alot of unrelated blah-blah and no real facts...

It is relevant. BT's terms and conditions state that you can't use residential services for business use.

0 Ratings