cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tawatkin
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Barnwood Exchange (Gloucester GL3) Cabinet 40 activation?

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

Apologies if this has been asked a billion times already.       My house (and indeed my street) is connected to the Barnwood exchange in gloucester via Cabinet 40.   Although the exchange is infintiy enabled and some cabinets are accepting orders our area appears to be out of luck and no-one can give me any ideas as to IF the cabinet will be activated, and if so, when.

Does anyone have this infomation, or a way you can find it out, as i am once again stuck in the loop of 'BT cant tell you its openreaches thing, Openreach wont talk to me cos im an end user'

Thanks in advance

Toby & Chloe Watkin-Jones

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Barnwood Exchange (Gloucester GL3) Cabinet 40 activation?

Go to solution

Hi

Have you tried entering your phone number into the checker here?

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
tawatkin
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi Dave,

I have indeed made use of the link provided, although it does not give me anything i can make sense of 😞   My understanding of the output as below....

I have included the output below, but it seems to confirm what i know already, that i do not get infinity.     As the exchange is already enabled i would not expect it to give details of when the exchange will be activated, and it does not seem to go to the level of granularity of indivudual cabinets.

output.JPG

More than happy to be proved wrong on that one 🙂 as i am no expert by any means

Best Regards

Toby.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

be of help to you give them your phone number and cabinet number if known andthey shoul be able to help you as they have many others 

nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk

openreach will email you back but may take a weekor so and give you information on your line and if infinity will be available and estimated date