cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan41
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Beggarwood Basingstoke no fibre?

BT's website informed me that I could order fibre to my property in Beggarwood Basingstoke with 43Mbps download. I gave my bank details, arranged a date of installation and cancelled my existing broadband. A few days later I received an email telling me that my order had been amended and was cancelled? I am now being told that the cabinet is full but i can have the copper connection with 512kbps... hundreds of new builds are popping up all around us and i am sure they will have much higher speeds than what we have been offered. Being offered fibre broadband and then taking it away is unacceptable.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Beggarwood Basingstoke no fibre?

enter your phone number and post result  remember to delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

it most likely there was spaces available when you placed order with BT but the spces have now been taken by other ISPs

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Dan41
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hello Imjolly, unfortunately I don't have a telephone line linked to my address.
0 Ratings
Dan41
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Using my address it says only speeds up to 1mbps are now available. I don't see how BT can charge someone for that speed.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

what exhange and cabinet were shown at top of dslchecker results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Dan41
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

it says dummer 7
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

looks like your cab is full and is due for improvemennt April 2018   when you used your address the dslchecker results must have shown speed estimates for fibre and adsl and also that cabinat had waiting list for FTTC

Cabinet P7   FTTC Available from 29th January 2014, being expanded by April 2018   Phase BDUK Hampshire 11b    600   Huawei   RG22 4AJ 

0 Ratings