cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Being "Upgraded" (sic) To Fibre Broadband Against My Own Will

Go to solution

Out of the blue I got an email telling me that I was being upgraded to fibre broadband and that a new hub would be on its way to me. I had never requested this upgrade - nor do I want it.

Not wishing to spend hours on the phone to someone who probably doesn't understand my concerns (I suffer from OCD and severe anxiety and cannot tolerate change of any sort), I emailed the CEO and got a standard, unhelpful response from their Customer Relations Department.

I do not want to be upgraded, do not want a new hub and just want my broadband to stay the way it is - at least for the forseeable future.

Is there a way out of this quagmire as apparently the upgrade is due to happen this week?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Being "Upgraded" (sic) To Fibre Broadband Against My Own Will

Go to solution

there should have been a phone number in the email for your to phone to opt out of the upgrade

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Unfortunately, due to my various psychiatric problems, I am unable to make calls.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

The copper phone system is being phased out due to finally end in 2025. Getting everyone off ADSL and onto VDSL is the first phase. You could hold out for a while but once everyone in your exchange area has been transferred they won't maintain ADSL just for you.

It might be worth your while to do the transfer now.

0 Ratings