cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jroden17
Contributor
Message 31 of 61

Re: Best way to get accurate information about Fibre availability?

Yeah but there twitter has shutdown and refers you to a website now which I emailed a week ago and havnt heard anything back.

Imjolly provided an ETA earlier in this thread.

Fibre checker is borderline useless, has said four months for 7 months now, last I heard they were working on wayleave issue.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 61

That's where he would have got the information from. That's all the public information that's available.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 61

The 4 months is a best case scenario with no hiccups. Wayleaves, blocked ducts, power issues, etc can all considerably increase the time it takes. It can sometimes delay it by years as the build teams often move on to other areas where they can upgrade batches of cabinets. It's counter productive to pull those teams away from an area to work on activiting a single cabinet when they could be working on 20.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 34 of 61

BT should focus more on the deprived internet areas before filling there pockets by giving people with already fast internet even faster internet. That is everything wrong with the world.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 61

The fire rollout is nothing to do with BT it is Openreach & BDUK that are rolling out fibre for all service providers (approx500) of them of which BT is just one provider

you at least are awaiting a cabinet activation there are still many who are never likely to get fibre services due to distance from cabinets or very small communities unlikely to have large enough numbers to make it financially viable
0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 36 of 61

Yes I know but still its 2016 and openreach act like its no issue for people who are surviving on 2meg or less yet they cant wait to fill there till up and upgrade people who already have 20meg +, all about money nowadays. I'm sorry if i come across as an idiot but its a fact. No one in the world should have less then 10mb let alone people in the UK. Sorry for the rant lads its not fair to take it out on you
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 61

Openreach are a private company with the intention of making profit for shareholders.
0 Ratings
jroden17
Contributor
Message 38 of 61

Well blame the government then, preach equality for all yet footballers get 300k a week, big cities get amazing internet but thats a story for another day.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 39 of 61

Well, actually they don't, some parts of my local city, Exeter, still only survive on ADSL.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 61

I live 4 miles outside of Newcastle, in North Tyneside. An urban new build estate and I don't have fibre yet.

I'm not sure you understand the vast engineerinng task at hand to upgrade the BT network.

I'm not sure what wages have to do with it.

0 Ratings