cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darkest-Star
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Better off with ADSL???????

I have posted on here before about speed issues with my Infinity service, and thought I'd have another 'say' about the service. Original speed estimate was 35 Meg which was never even achievable according to Openreach Engineer (Chris.......... cheers you have tried your best). Had a connection of 23 Meg briefly which was unstable and was knocked back to 18 with this software thing (it should be known as malware in my opinion), my sync speed has dropped steadily and HAVE A CONNECTION OF 10.8 MEGS WITH ERRORS. I used to get 6.5 on Broadband 

The engineer has been back today following reporting of the fault. The line is Aluminium so there is the reason for my !"£$ service, buffering on iplayer on sd settings, kids complaining of lag whilst gaming etc. etc.

'Can you justify the cost of Infinity?' says the engineer.

'Well if BT drags its **** out of the dark ages and invests some decent money on infrastructure................'.

Message to the decision makers at BT HQ...... I contribute to your executive pay with your executive benefits and your executive pensions. BT should be a class leading supplier of communications infrastructure yet seeks to suck their customers in with fancy ads PROMISING the earth. I expect better and want better.

Edit Speedtester from BT

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download Speed
 9.19 Mbps

0 Mbps21.24 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 9.19 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-21.24 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 21.24 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 4.82 Mbps

0 Mbps10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 4.82Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

The test result has indicated that you should contact your ISP for further assistance.

Mods it's over to you!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
NewtronStar
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Better off with ADSL???????

Hi Darkest-Star

I think the Mods don't pick up the threads, you need to contact them first at http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

Regards NS

0 Ratings
Darkest-Star
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Already contacted thanks.
0 Ratings
Darkest-Star
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Have once again been in touch with BT about my speed for the superfast infinity which is currently a superfast 'cough' 9.6 Meg. 

Boost engineer is to visit to increase the speed to shove an Elephent through a hosepipe

Is that possible when there is 900m of Aluminium between the cabinet and my house?

Going to contact my MP, Watchdog, Press etc about this.

Ian Livingstone CEO says the contract can be terminated. Call centre say I can be put on a lesser (ADSL) service but I won't cancel until I have my say and my day in the sun.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

yes it is possible that the boost engineer can resolve the problem there may be alternative (copper pairs available ) to connect you to
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Useful 4 meg upload. You won't get that on ADSL 😉
Also, you'll be able to get FTTPoD when it's released.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 7 of 7

Hi Darkest-Star

I'll be happy to have a look over your account and see what we can arrange.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings