Did you mean: 
ianm1309
Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: Beware of switch from Infinity 2 to 'new' 52Mb Infinity 1

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

He was talking complete tosh.

Yes, agreed, but wasn't prepared to argue, just happy for him to check out the connection, and show me that his kit was showing the same stats as mine.

I'll continue to monitor and hope DLM does its stuff in due course.

planetf1
Expert
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

When I recontracted my infinity 1 package I had a similar issue.

Dropped from a 35 Mbps (capped?) sync with G.INP to 31.4 Mbps

(In fact I was at 38-39 Mbps about 2 months ago which I messed up by giving into the temptation to try the HH5a modem, which is cr*p and constantly dropped the line every few hours..)

So I've lost 20% of my speed thanks to my ISP 😞

Not especially happy, but will see if DLM recovers this now after the package change.. I'm just 4-5 days in so far...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 14

Re: Beware of switch from Infinity 1 to 'new' 52Mb Infinity 1

Go to solution
G.inp will be re-enabled in due course.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
ianm1309
Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Well, got the expected, final, follow-up call from the BT lady in India to check progress after the OR engineer visit.

Explained that the engineer was insistent that my connection could only support around 38Mb, and his dubious explanation of why I could no longer get my previous speeds. I repeated my argument (as also indicated by licquorice's comment above) that I should be able to get the same speed (up to the cap) regardless of package. She had no response other than I'm getting more than the estimated minimum of 35Mb.

She asked if I would like to speak to the Customer Options team re switching to a lower package, to which I pointed out that I'm actually already on Infinity 1! Doh! So I declined and asked her to close the case, based on the fact that there is no way forward on this if OR are unable to explain why speeds have dropped.

On the plus side, if I really can only get 38Mb from now on, at the end of my contract I've got any number of other, cheaper, ISPs to choose from at this speed.

0 Ratings