cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Bit confused over broadband speed

are you connecting direct to test socket - no extension cable?  have you tried a different modem cable from hub to socket

do you have any extension sockets in other rooms?  if so are the 'dead - no dial tone' when you connect to test socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

That master socket is a poor design, the face plate has a habit of working loose for no reason, hence generating electrical noise.   I have mine thoroughly taped up, solid as a rock!  No problems.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

I've plugged the router and phone back into the socket as normal now, but the second set of results were the router plugged into a filter then into the test socket. I don't have any other sockets, it's just a one bedroom flat, and I'm afraid I don't think I have another cable to test that out. Is it likely that could make such a difference? Genuinely asking - sorry, as you can probably guess this is getting a bit above my level of understanding

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

your connection speed is very poor even in test socket which eliminates any problems with faceplate   this is compared to the dslchecker results ans also the attainable speed shown by your hub  I would phone 151 or 0800800151 from mobile and get engineer visit  complain that speeds are far to low and your line is ok and you have tried test socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

What about the quiet line test? You would have been better off leaving the hub connected to the test socket as your noise margin indicates either a line problem or faceplate problem. DLM has put you into a banded profile because of the issues.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Okay, thank you very much for taking the time to help anyway. It's strange, I mean I have a fair few devices on it, I stream quite a bit, and watch BT football that comes through the wifi - and in terms of it being slow/dropping out it's actually running as well as it has done since I moved in about 6 months ago. I wouldn't have even noticed at all if I hadn't looked into upgrading it for 4K.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

@pippincp 

did quiet line test already  message 3  only dull hum with cordless phone

Message 18 of 18

@imjolly  Oooops I missed that.

0 Ratings