Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sprebble
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Blue light on but no connected

Hi all,
I upgraded my bt last week and got send the hub 6 as an upgrade from hub 3. Was working fine until 2 days ago. Shows as connected on all devices (have the little wifi icon and can see it under wifi settings) but the internet doesn't actually work. The light on the hub is steady blue. I have tried everything, factory reset etc but nothing gets it to work. I can connect to the hub manager on my iPad but any changes I make don't go through. Have spoken to BT who are monitoring the line but they can't see a fault their end. Any suggestions here would be much appreciated!!
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Blue light on but no connected

Have you got the home hub 6 directly connected to your phone line, with the white Openreach modem disconnected?

Can you try a computer with a direct Ethernet connection to eliminate any wireless issues?

0 Ratings
Sprebble
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi Keith, it is connected directly to the phone line! And unfortunately don't have a computer anymore all of my devices are wireless (Apple devices and Amazon fire stick if that helps)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@Sprebble wrote:
Hi Keith, it is connected directly to the phone line! And unfortunately don't have a computer anymore all of my devices are wireless (Apple devices and Amazon fire stick if that helps)

Have you tried restarting the home hub, just in case you have a stale PPP session?

0 Ratings
Sprebble
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I have, have tried it a couple of times as well as restore to factory with no luck
0 Ratings
Mitch2809
Message 6 of 6

I am having the same issue with Smart Hub. Blue lights on, but nothing will connect, either WIFI or wired. States DNS server can not be reached. BT say line is fine. They have sent me a new hub, but still same issue. have to reset hub to get it working, having to do at least once a day.

BT on about sending another hub!!  Very frustrating.

0 Ratings