cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PJSL1968
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

Blue light on the hub but no internet access

Anyone able to help me. I have to use bt.com as I have had no internet since Saturday. My hub is smiling blue to me but I have no access to internet. Not very technical. I have tried to unplug everything, forget the wiifi and re-connect but still no internet.......... 

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: Blue light on the hub but no internet access

Have you plugged a phone into the socket to see if it has a dialling tone?
Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Rotarua674
Contributor
Message 3 of 19

I get this too a few times a week using a HH5.  BT have done remote checks and had Openreach engineer visit.  They say there's nothing wrong but all wifi drops out, blue light on router and ethernet connected computer says not connected to the internet.

It sometimes clears itself although if it goes on too long I have been told by B support to restart router.

0 Ratings
Yelekreb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

I have the same thing. On my 5th router. Can’t even connect with a cable. Openreach engineer can’t connect his laptop via a cable. No internet for 10 days now

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

@Yelekreb

@PJSL1968

@Rotarua674

to rule out something local can you post your exchange and cab please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
pippincp
Sage
Message 6 of 19

@imjolly wrote:

@Yelekreb

@PJSL1968

@Rotarua674

to rule out something local can you post your exchange and cab please

I would hope @PJSL1968 & @Rotarua674 have had their issue resolved as they posted back in April.

0 Ratings
Rotarua674
Contributor
Message 7 of 19

No, unfortunately not resolved in spite of a few calls to support.  They say everything is fine and can’t explain or fix this blue light / 0Mbps issue.  As it happens irregularly I suspect line stats will show normal operation.  Of course when we lose the internet an Ethernet connected computer says it can’t connect to the router.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 8 of 19

@Rotarua674 next time it happens can you grab the line stats before it reconnects?

0 Ratings
Rotarua674
Contributor
Message 9 of 19

I’ll try. How do I do that? Thanks for responding
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings