cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 37

Brand new Infinity 1 going extremely slow..

Hey guys,

BT Infinity is new to my area and we got it installed about 2 weeks ago, for many days now the internet goes extremely slow to the point where it takes 10 seconds to load a page that should be instant, for example to log into this forum it took me 20 seconds and for this message page to load to took the same. We are apparantly getting 15-16 download and only 1 upload. This is getting enfuriating now as after 12 years of living here and finally being able to get an internet upgrade we were hoping for big things. Any ideas what could be causing this? 

Cheers, Jed. 

0 Ratings
36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 37

Re: Brand new Infinity 1 going extremely slow..

Im slightly worried now as i have called up and managed to book an engineer, but ive been made aware that if the internet problem is seen as being caused by us and not BT we will be charged £130, what sort of checks should i be doing to make sure we aren't the people at fault? cheers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 37

@JollyJed can you post your router stats and we'll take a look? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 37

No problem mate -

internet 1.png

internet 2.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 37

@JollyJed Thanks, the DSL up time has been up for less than an hour. Have you noticed the connection dropping out?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 37

The last on the phone told me to unplug the power cable to the smart hub for 30 seconds and then put it back in, since then the internet speed seems good

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 37

Can you put your number into here https://www.dslchecker.bt.com and post up a copy of the results?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 37

Have you installed any new anti virus software or had any updates?

How many devices are connected to the hub? Any games consoles that could be downloading large updates?

17meg isn't superfast, but it should be no problems browsig web pages.

Are pages slow to load on all devices?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 37

There can be a lot of devices using the internet at the same time as theres 6 of us in this house, but we have a fast PC plugged straight into the smarthub and even that took seconds to load simple pages like google. A speed test tells me one thing but the actual speed tells another, also the amount of posts about slow infinity recently worries me!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 37

internet3.png

0 Ratings