Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greyscout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 23

Re: Broadband Availability fiasco

Imjolly

I dont know my neighbours phone number, but using the address checker you can see the difference here.

Picture1.jpg

0 Ratings
Greyscout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 23

And it's the same if I go on the Openreach fibre checker .....

Picture2.jpgPicture3.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 23

But he's fed from cab3 and you are fed from cab 1. If you are in St Mary's you are too far from  cab 1 at Pondersbridge for FTTC. I know a lot of the houses along the St Mary's road have recently got FTTP from what I have seen driving along there (I live in Holme). Have you spoken to the FTTP team to see what the situation is 0800 587 4787?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

I know Mereside. Did some FTTP work there myself.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 23

That explains it!!! Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
ojobson
Contributor
Message 16 of 23

Your neighbour has VDSL available from a cabinet. FTTPoD is a different Openreach product. You need to see normal WBC FTTP to get infinity via fibre. Unless you want to enquiry about the cost of on demand, but it will most likely come with a comparatively hefty price tag.
Message 17 of 23

Thanks guys - so what is the fibre manifold in the pavement rightnoutside my house ? Why can’t I be connected to that ?

I already tried asking them to move us to cab 3 but they refused on cost grounds.

If i terminate our connection and apply for a new connection in say a months time - will that make a difference ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 23

Openreach will just use your existing wiring when they came back in a month so you would be back to square one unless your cab is full and you would be on waiting list

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 23

@Greyscout wrote:
Thanks guys - so what is the fibre manifold in the pavement rightnoutside my house ? Why can’t I be connected to that ?

I already tried asking them to move us to cab 3 but they refused on cost grounds.

If i terminate our connection and apply for a new connection in say a months time - will that make a difference ?

Call the FTTP team in the morning

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ojobson
Contributor
Message 20 of 23

Might be there for other infrastructure use or upgrades planned in the near future. OpenReach can appear to take a very long time to do things.