On my way home this afternoon, I noticed an engineer working on the cabinet as I drove past.
Got home to find no connection, so assumed he would be working his magic.
He was, but unfortunately it was Dark Magic as once reconnected I find I have now lost a further 5mb and am down to a rock solid 44mb!
Solidly stuck at 44mb now, so beginning to wish I had put up with just losing the inital 10mb that disappeared, without the engineer wiping another 5mb off!
I guess work is still ongoing as it has now returned to 50mb.
Fingers crossed for the other 10 mb!
Engineer appeared today and said it appears to be a "touching" wire between the cabinet and the base of the pole, but he only gets the fault when tracking from the cabinet - it is fine if he tests from the pole back to the cabinet!
So the fault has been closed again as "completed", leaving it at 49mb at this end!
Engineer here today and spent quite a bit of time remaking connections and reset ports at the cabinet.
Back up to just shy of 50mb at the moment, but he wants to come back in the morning and recheck and probably find a new line for me as well.
Thanks to him for not "letting it go" and to you for keeping on it as well.
Thank you for posting back, its good to know that the engineer has done a lot of work to repair the connection. I'll check back with you tomorrow evening to see how thing are after the engineer has gone.
The engineer yesterday was working "off patch" and it seems he has now been reassigned to his own area and so will not be coming today.
He has requested that someone does come and finish off, so we will see what happens!
Thank you for taking my call today. Unfortunately Wholesale have requested that I book another engineer's visit. I can confirm that I've booked an appointment for the 5th of March PM. I'll follow up with you on Monday afternoon to see how things are after the visit.