cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Broadband Connection dropping continually

I decided to change my broadband to get better speed & service. This seems to have been a mistake. Firstly I work some of the week from home thus needing connection to my office 24/7.

I got setup last week & had a really good speed & connection.

On Friday my connection dropped off during a playtest (I work in the games industry) & since then it will periodically connect then drop out after a few minutes.

After a few calls to the Indian call centre & the try this, turn it off & on routine, the guy on the line sees that there is a issue & mentions a crossed line? My phone has a dial tone even when the connection cannot be made so I'm assuming it's an issue at the exchange?

Anyhow the problem is escalated & a guy calls me back today and tells me the connection has been consistent for 24 hours. Sorry pal but it hasn't.

I explain this be am told that the hub has a connection (which it did at that moment) so I have to monitor it and if it drops out text him on a number he has just sent me.

Surprise surprise it drops again 2 minutes later. I text.... wait 15 minutes, no call. So I go onto my BT & check the fault only to find someone else's email address & phone number in the contact section????

How is this possible? Is this not a data protection issue? Does someone else have my contact details on their fault ticket? I hope not & I'm not happy about it.

Soon after I get a call to book an engineer to come to my property & have the warning that if there is a problem within my property boundary I have you pay £129.99

I'm barely a week in & I'm close to cancelling all together. It's clearly amateur hour at BT.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband Connection dropping continually

if you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

The stats for the Home Hub 6 can be found on the Information page from http://192.168.1.254 then Advanced Settings -> Technical Log. 

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.
http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

bt_info.JPG

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.
Product name:

BT Hub 6A
Serial number:

+084316+NQ64643200
Firmware version:

SG4B10002244
Firmware updated:

07-Feb-2017
Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

-
Data rate:

9.99 kbps / 55.00 kbps
Maximum data rate:

33691 / 99315
Noise margin:

22.7 / 22.6
Line attenuation:

Signal attenuation:
VPI / VCI:

0/38
Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B
Latency type:

Fast Path
Data sent / received:

0 MB Uploaded / 0 MB Downloaded
Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-fi:

Not active
2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-672Z
2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 11)
5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-672Z
5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)
Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)
Band steering:

Off
Wireless mode:

Mode 1
Firewall:

On
MAC address:

24:20:C7:66:92:F5
Software variant:

-
Boot loader:

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

this is a customer help customer forum and your posts do not go to BT - the forum is monitored by the forum mods who are BT employees

you have max speed for infinity 1 but there is no conenction time - did you just rest router?

what is conenction time now - dsl uptime?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

There hasn't been a connection for most of the day. I had 30 minutes of connectivity at about midday then the connection dropped & the routers been unable to establish another one. If I restart it it goes from green to flashing orange, to solid orange. Occasionally it will flash purple then back to orange.
0 Ratings