cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Broadband Constantly Disconnecting

Hi,

I have a BT Hub 6, and every 5 minutes the hub changes and flashes purple very briefly, before turning back to orange and then eventually back to blue. It seems to do it like clockwork.

The broadband cable is attached and seems to be working, and we have internet for the 5 minutes before it disconnects again.

I have tried the quiet test and there is no noise on the landline. The broadband speeds are fine but it just constantly disconnects itself. We had an engineer come out 2 months ago to fix the broadband after they said they didn't know what the fault was for a couple of months, and it has been working fine ever since the last few days.

If anybody can help that would be fantastic.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband Constantly Disconnecting

@AFSwain 

What does your master phone socket look like?

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegKeith_Beddoe_1-1577035100602.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Ours is a number 6

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

try using the test socket with a filter and see if that stabilses your connection

the test socket is shown by black arrow and you will need to remove the middle section shown by yellow arrow to reveal test socket

test-socket-thumb.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@AFSwain wrote:

Ours is a number 6

Its possible it has an intermittent fault, it does happen on those NTEs due to the large number of components inside.

What you need to do next, is to check at the test socket.

If you look at the picture below, you will see a number of sections. You need to take it apart to access the "real" test socket which is behind the filter plate, on the left of my picture, you will also need a microfilter.

Here is the layout of the socket.

mk 3 nte all parts.jpg

Once you get access to that socket, you need to connect things up as shown below. As you have no phone, just connect the broadband side.

infinity_test.jpg

Leave it connected as shown below, and see if you still get the disconnects.

Message 6 of 7

Hi,

I connected it to the test socket and it worked fine and was very stable. Before that, it started flashing orange and couldn't even connect to the internet, but the test socket seems to have rectified that.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I seem to have spoken too soon and it is still disconnecting even whilst in the test socket, albeit between longer intervals
0 Ratings