Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Monster432
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Broadband Down, any help? terrible customer service

Hello there Forum goers,

Starting today our Broadband (BT inifinity with Hub5 box) started flashing orange around the time 7.30-10am ish, We have no idea what's going on. Our landline is also down so I can only assume the problem is linked, I called BT customer support 3 times, first time I waited 30 minutes and no  answer, then I called again and waited 1 hour and no answer and 1 more hour the third time. This is appalling, we have no idea how this has happened and no one has fiddled with anything in our houses cabling, we've stripped everything down and we've checked on here wheather any faults have been reported. This is unreal and the lack of internet is as you can imagine really frustrating. Can anyone offer assistance here please? anything is welcome.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Broadband Down, any help? terrible customer service

0 Ratings
Monster432
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Hey John, I hope you are having a pleasant night 🙂 

I just recieved word from home (currently away somewhere else) that the internet and phone are working again and have been for 10 minutes, I will update this thread if the problem returns but my number wasnt listed on the link you posted. Thank you very much

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

your actual number will not be there just the exchange area
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Thanks for posting @Monster432.

Hopefully you're line etc is sorted but if you have any further problems post back and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Monster432
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

@DavidM wrote:

Thanks for posting @Monster432.

Hopefully you're line etc is sorted but if you have any further problems post back and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

Hey David, the net seems to be on today but it is cutting out frequently, its really frustrating, any reason why you know why its happening?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call
0 Ratings
Monster432
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

@john46 wrote:
your actual number will not be there just the exchange area

I didn't see the actual name on there, so no clue why it's like this.

0 Ratings
Monster432
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Just wanted to update this thread quick, We had the engineer down, it wasn't a problem on our end turns out that was the cause. The cables on the pole outside had apparently broken and been damaged. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Glad it's sorted
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings