cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nsa11
Message 1 of 4

Broadband (Fibre) Drops after phone calls

We have a problem which I have tracked to hanging up the phone.

The HH connects (we have 72mb) and we get great speed all round the house - even when connecting to the powerline adapters (also BT).

While on a phone call the connection is also fine, but the second someone "hangs up" the phone call the HH disconnects and flashes orange for a minute or two then reconnects and all is fine.

I have disconnected everything from all extensions and remove the face plate on the main socket and connected directly to the test socket with another filter and the problem is the same.

The only solution is to unplug the phone but that really defets the point of having one !

Help anyone !

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband (Fibre) Drops after phone calls

if you conenct to test socket with a filter and also connect phone to that filter does it still happen?  have you checked that when you are connected to test socket that there is no dial tone at any extension socket whether normally used or not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nsa11
Message 3 of 4

Still happens if the phone is connected to filter.
Should there be a dial tone on other sockets when the face plate is removed and I connect to the test port ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

no  extension sockets should all be 'dead'

if still drops using filter in test socket and you have tried a new filter (and maybe different phone) then you need to report a phone fault to 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings