Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Burnside5
Contributor
Message 11 of 63

Re: Broadband (Infinity 1) keeps dropping

Go to solution

So does anyone have any thoughts on this issue at all as regardless of how many new Smarthubs BT send me I still get numerous drops in my connection every day. Today drops have been occurring every 50-60 mins

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 63

Go to solution

There is clearly an ongoing intermittent line/DSLAM fault that can only be fixed by a diligent engineer.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 63

Go to solution

Although you have probably already tried everything already, from the master socket test port , with a (preferably) corded landline phone, dial 17070 and take the quiet line option , listen for any noise, if any noise present, report 'noisy line' to your landline provider as a telephony problem ( even though that is still BT don't report as a BT broadband issue)
If no noticeable noise, connect the hub at the master socket with a new or known working filter , and nothing connected via Ethernet and minimise wireless connections, does the router stay in sync or still drop out, if it still drops out, and given the number of routers they have supplied , the router can probably be discounted as the issue, it could indicate a source of noise ( REIN or SHINE) knocking the router out, or possibly the port at the fibre cabinet is faulty, did OR ever mention doing a 'lift and shift' onto a different port at the cabinet ?

0 Ratings
Burnside5
Contributor
Message 14 of 63

Go to solution

@iniltouswrote:

Although you have probably already tried everything already, from the master socket test port , with a (preferably) corded landline phone, dial 17070 and take the quiet line option , listen for any noise, if any noise present, report 'noisy line' to your landline provider as a telephony problem ( even though that is still BT don't report as a BT broadband issue)
If no noticeable noise, connect the hub at the master socket with a new or known working filter , and nothing connected via Ethernet and minimise wireless connections, does the router stay in sync or still drop out, if it still drops out, and given the number of routers they have supplied , the router can probably be discounted as the issue, it could indicate a source of noise ( REIN or SHINE) knocking the router out, or possibly the port at the fibre cabinet is faulty, did OR ever mention doing a 'lift and shift' onto a different port at the cabinet ?

I have done all of the above, still get the issue. I think the fact that I am now on router no.6 would in itelf rule out a router issue. There has been no mention of changing port at the cabinet, all I get is we're going to send you another router. The only exception was when they did send out an engineer, who connected to the master test socket and a satelitte socket for 30 mins each time and said he couldn't find any faults, left and closed the fault. 1 hour after he left the drops started again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 63

Go to solution

There would obviously appear to be a problem with your line that is causing problems with the BT Hubs.

I would suggest that you spend under £40 on Amazon and buy a TPLink W9970 VDSL modem router and replace the BT hub.

If it stops your problem it will be £40 well spent. If the problem continues send the TPLink back and get a refund. Nothing lost by trying.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 63

Go to solution

@Burnside5 Diligent was the keyword in my previous post.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 63

Go to solution

The home hubs do seem very sensitive to any random line noise, possibly due to their wideband profile, as they cannot be locked to VDSL like most other routers.

Message 18 of 63

Go to solution

@Burnside5 I'm really sorry about the problems with your connection, the mod team will be happy to take a look at this for you. I'll send you a private message with information on how you can send over your details. https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Burnside5
Contributor
Message 19 of 63

Go to solution

This is interesting, looking through the event log my data rate has always been around the 40Mbps mark, but following the last disconnect it is now only 26Mpbs and speed tests are all coming back at around the 23Mpbs mark. Is it possible that BT have throttled back my bandwidth in an attempt to reduce/fix the drops?

My contract is minimum 35Mbps so if their fix is to throttle it back to below that this will not be acceptable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 63

Go to solution

DLM will have taken action due to the disconnects.

0 Ratings