Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Burnside5
Contributor
Message 41 of 63

Re: Broadband (Infinity 1) keeps dropping

Go to solution
I agree, but from other posts the HH5 should also do this and as BT told me 2 weeks ago that they would send me one if the issues continued with the Smarthub then I fully intend to make sure they keep to their promise. It’s taken a while but one is now being sent, after I finally got a call back
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 63

Go to solution

Hopefully it will help your problem but I would not bet on the HH5 being any better than the Smarthub, it is after all still a BT hub and the HH5 did not come without its problems.

0 Ratings
Radiomic27
Message 43 of 63

Go to solution

I agree. We had problems with HH5 as I said. When offered the upgrade we got the SH6 free and just had to pay £9 'delivery charge'.

Herein lies the problem: You are not going to get a product with a similar spec to a commercial grade one FOC. I am guessing, but could well see that the SH6 probably costs BT no more than £20, probably less.

Considering the router is the most critical part on the consumer side, it is a pity that cost is forcing this kind of solution, distorting the consumer perception of the product.

I am tempted to start a petition on Change.org to try and get BT to sort this problem out, as clearly this is a National problem, not a local one.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 63

Go to solution

ISP provided routers are always going to be cheap and "cheerful". They generally do work and are easy for the masses to set up. Usually the ISP router can not compete with third party routers which are sold as a stand alone product and whose manufature's business will stand or fall by how good they are.

Unfortunately most ISP customers want their router provided by the ISP so that isn't going to change any time soon but you can as has been pointed out, use your own router if you chose to do so.

0 Ratings
Burnside5
Contributor
Message 45 of 63

Go to solution
But whichever router is used it is not resolving the underlying issue. Over 2 years trouble free with a Smart Hub and then the last 3 months the issues started, neighbours also reporting similar issues, so there is something affecting the lines but BT are not interested in getting the bottom of it
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 63

Go to solution

I said that there was obviously an underlying problem in my  post at message 15, but until and if the underlying problem is found and resolved it may be that a third party VDSL Modem/router is more resilient to the noise/interference/what ever the problem is but without trying one we will never know.

0 Ratings
Burnside5
Contributor
Message 47 of 63

Go to solution

So I'm working from home today, and nobody knows our home phone number so it rarely rings in the evening & weekends, but I've had 3 cold calls today, on each occassion the broadband has dropped when the phone is in use, despite out line speed being dropped right down by DLM...I'm assuming this would point to a line issue?

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 48 of 63

Go to solution

Hi @Burnside5 good speaking to you this evening. There's an appointment booked for Thursday, so I'll contact our suppliers in the meantime to make sure this goes to the correct people. I'll get back in touch tomorrow.

Thanks 

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Burnside5
Contributor
Message 49 of 63

Go to solution
Thanks Stephanie
0 Ratings
Burnside5
Contributor
Message 50 of 63

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

Hopefully it will help your problem but I would not bet on the HH5 being any better than the Smarthub, it is after all still a BT hub and the HH5 did not come without its problems.

Well it looks like the HH5 will not resolve my issues, took delivery this morning and it was yet another SmartHub. Called it in and was told they don't stock them any more and only stock SmartHubs or HH4, and by default they will always send the next one up....so if BT knew this not sure why they agreed to send me a HH5 knowing they can't.

0 Ratings