Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 51 of 63

Re: Broadband (Infinity 1) keeps dropping

Go to solution

@Burnside5 I double-checked this as I wasn't aware of any stock issues with the Hub 5, but yes, what the helpdesk advised is correct. We no longer provide Home Hub 5s so the adviser you spoke with originally should not have placed that order. I'm sorry for this mix-up, I'll make sure to feed this back.

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Burnside5
Contributor
Message 52 of 63

Go to solution

Latest update. Engineer arrived this morning, in fact 2 engineers came over. They ran tests and changed the front plate on the master socket, the type with a built in filter and different sockets for router and phone. Said that seemed to have resolved the issue and would point to internal cabling, they also replaced the connectors at the cabinet. Speed returned back to the 40+Mbps that we had before. Asked us to leave router connected to master socket for a few days to check all ok, if it was then that was the issue. They didn't check the junction box.

Fast forward 3 hours, and we have returned to the hourly DSL disconnects, frustratingly one right in the middle of my project go, no go meeting Smiley Mad So we are back to square 1 and yet another morning wasted Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 53 of 63

Go to solution

Hi @Burnside5 thanks for updating your thread and for taking my call today. I'm sorry the drops have continued.

As discussed, I have sent this back to the suppliers' escalation team. I will get back to you as soon as I have confirmation of the next steps.

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Burnside5
Contributor
Message 54 of 63

Go to solution

Hi Stephanie,

I notice that my fault has now been closed, not sure why this keeps happening without any contact to ask me if the issues have been resolved?

We again experienced a high number of DSL drops for 2 days following last week's engineer visit, these have settled down, but Skype calls/meetings from home are worst than before with constant 'poor network' messages on Skype and people sounding like Dalek's or calls failing completely, we never had this before, only DSL drops. Internet performance is also very slow with occassional time outs despite speed tests saying otherwise.

I need to test via cable to ensure this isn't a new WiFi issue that has been introduced somehow but would like to fault to remain open until we have been able to test this for a few days? I have split the WiFi and tried different modes to see if this improves but the performance stays the same, poor.

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 63

Go to solution

Hi @Burnside5 Sorry the fault has been closed on the system. @StephanieG will be in the office later today and update you then.

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Burnside5
Contributor
Message 56 of 63

Go to solution

Sorry to bump this one but still having broadband issues, drops have reduced considerably but as a result so has the speed and it also appears the noise margin has increased from c6.0 to 10.5. Issues first started September, I started raising faults in October and it is now mid-March. Getting great support from Stephanie but facy still remains that my minimum guaranteed speed is 35Mbps and for the 10 months before September was getting 40-45Mbps without any noticeable drops, so something has clearly changed and BT seem to be unable to find what the cause is and fix it

Event Log 10 March 19.pngAvailability Checker 10 March 19.pngBTW Speed Test 10 March 19.png

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 57 of 63

Go to solution

Hi @Burnside5 your complaint is still open, please don't worry.

There's been an unexepected delay in getting an update from the team I contacted about your case, I'm sorry for this delay in getting back to you. I'll give you a ring as soon as I have more information.

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 58 of 63

Go to solution

@Burnside5  as another update for the thread - this case remains ongoing. We have an escalation with Openreach and had another engineer visit this morning.

The engineer seems to have been very thorough but as always we'll need to keep an eye on the line and see if the errors reduce / stability improves.

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 59 of 63

Go to solution

Hi @Burnside5 good speaking with you this morning. Good to see that your speed and stability have improved following the last engineer visit. Please do post back if you notice any other problems with your connection in the future.

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Burnside5
Contributor
Message 60 of 63

Go to solution
Thanks for all your help on this Stephanie
0 Ratings