cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 51 of 78

Re: Broadband Ininity - change in service?

Go to solution

Ah thanks for comments @licquorice / @pippincp - our line can handle up to 28 apparently, so Infinity 1 would be the better package for us as I understand it, as the cap for that is 50 - which we will never reach on this line.  At least that's what I think he was saying - but good to know that being on 2 isn't causing any issue

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 52 of 78

Go to solution

55 actually, but yes, Infinity1 would be better if at a better price (which might not necessarily be the case)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 53 of 78

Go to solution

I can't actually tell what the price difference is , if any,  as there isn't a "downgrade" option on my account info - but I'm sure it will get sorted once the fault is finally closed

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 54 of 78

Go to solution

@pippincp @licquorice @cjmole

My mistake I apolgise! 

I missed the part about the VDSL Modem.

Smiley Sad

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 55 of 78

Go to solution

That's OK, we know you are learning.Smiley LOL

None of us are innocent, we have all made and continue to make mistakes occasionally. We are only human after all.Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 56 of 78

Go to solution

@PaddyBwrote:

Hi @cjmole,

Thank you for posting back following that visit. I've ran a few checks on your connection and its still picking up a few errors on the line. I reported this back to BT Wholesale, I'll get back in touch with you tomorrow as soon as I have an update.

Thanks

PaddyB

@PaddyBI've not heard anything further Paddy, have you?  The connect remains good, and far as I can tell this end all seems good - but you said they were still seeing a fault?  Could you investigate for me please whether it would be cheaper for us to be on Infinity 1 as suggested? I can't find a price anywhere for a downgrade

Thanks 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 57 of 78

Go to solution

Update - the engineer came, ripped out a whole load of dodgy backwiring and all was well for about a week.  Downgraded our package to infinity 1 and that went live last night.  Over the last 24 hours we've had connection drop a few times - should I be concerned?  I wonder if its the switchover to Infinity 1.  Was so pleased that it looked like finally we had beaten the fault but now I'm not 100% sure again Smiley Frustrated

@PaddyB@DanielS@RobbieMac

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 58 of 78

Go to solution

Hi @cjmole

Thanks for posting back!

The drops may well be related to the swithover.  Can you keep an eye on things over the next few days and if it's still happening I can look at it for you again if needs be?

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 59 of 78

Go to solution

Will do @RobbieMac, thanks - I'm hoping it's just a glitch as it was perfect leading up to the switchover!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 60 of 78

Go to solution

Happy to report that all seems stable for the last week, I think we can finally relax

Thank you to all involved that have helped us solve our problem, in particular the mod team who went that extra mile for us 🙂👏  @RobbieMac please pass on my thanks 

0 Ratings