cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 78

Re: Broadband Ininity - change in service?

Go to solution

As has already been pointed out, you can not get useful stats from the HH3. 

Generally speaking the Openreach modem is a reliable item and will either just work or it will fail totally and you would have no service. That is not to say it isn't the cause of your problem but I suspect it isn't and the fault lies elsewhere on the system.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 22 of 78

Go to solution

OK raced home to try to get the diagnostic thing before the 5pm disaster window and for the first time it actually completed!!  The initial result is the best its been all week, but still not great, and undoubtedly will go downhill after 5pm as it has every day.  I've also done the dslchecker and blanked out my telephone number - not sure if that gives any useful info but here goes with the screenshots - I'd be grateful if anyone could make any sense of it please

We have had a enormous amount of new building housing nearby - I wonder if all those are now on our exchange - could this be the cause?  clutching at straws maybe -world cup streaming??? lol  Usually gets much worse after 5pm so will post again if I can get the diagnostic to run again then

Capture4.JPGCapture5.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 23 of 78

Go to solution

Connection dropped completely for about 10 mins just after 5pm.  Here are the diagnostic results now

I've just been reading on "my account" that I can upgrade to BT Plus for less than I'm paying now for this abysmal service (currently Infinity 2 superfast supposedly)- anyone had success with that?Capture6.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 78

Go to solution

As posted in message 10, without seeing the line stats we have no way of knowing if the problem is a line fault, modem fault or congestion.

You either need to connect a VDSL modem/router to see the stats or just report the problem to customer services and get it investigated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 25 of 78

Go to solution

Please explain in simple terms how I get these line stats.   I keep getting asked for them, but no idea how to obtain them.  I'm using the openreach modem and have a Billion 8800NL R2 router

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 78

Go to solution

as was said previously all the meaningful stats are held by the modem and unless you can unlock it the stats are not accessible

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 27 of 78

Go to solution

How do I unlock it? I'm sorry you all seem to be getting frustrated with me, but I really don't get it - it would appear from what everyone has said that with my modem and router its impossible to get these stats as I'm locked, yet I keep getting asked to post stats which clearly I am unable to obtain. 

I'm sorry I've been such a nuisance, as I've said I'm not techy, I just wanted some answers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 78

Go to solution

@cjmole wrote:

Please explain in simple terms how I get these line stats.   I keep getting asked for them, but no idea how to obtain them.  I'm using the openreach modem and have a Billion 8800NL R2 router

If you have a Billion 8800NL R2 why are you connecting via an Openreach modem? The Billion is a VDSL modem/router and can be connected directly to line and will provide the line stats required.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 29 of 78

Go to solution

I was under the impression I had to connect it via the open reach box on infinity 2 - if I’m mistaken then clearly this could be the answer to all my problems!  Any tips about set up?  I will go research 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 78

Go to solution

I would factory reset the Billion and then set up from scratch. If it has a setup wizard, the only details you should need to enter are username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password bt

0 Ratings