cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 41 of 78

Re: Broadband Ininity - change in service?

Go to solution

@PaddyBsorry I missed your call, I was having my hair done at the time!! Connection dropped again at 5.15pm and the ping is just dreadful again, it was steady all day yesterday, although the speed is still dreadful compared to what we had before.  Look forward to speaking to you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 42 of 78

Go to solution

Hi @cjmole

Thanks for posting back!

@PaddyB has actually left the office for the evening.  I'll pass on your message and make sure he gets it when he is back.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 43 of 78

Go to solution

@PaddyB, @DanielS

further to your PM last night Daniel, just to let you know that I will be out this evening and unable to take a phone call - I understand we need an engineer visit, and you will be arranging this?  Please contact me via text message/PM if necessary and I will reply as soon as I can

Thanks 🙂

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 44 of 78

Go to solution

Thank you @cjmole,

I've sent you a PM with some more information. Please feel free to reply back here or by PM.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 45 of 78

Go to solution

Thanks for arranging the visit, the day and time is fine - fingers crossed we finally get to the bottom of it!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 46 of 78

Go to solution

@DanielS / @PaddyB  the engineer came this afternoon and found a fault which he is confident he has fixed - something to do with "backwiring" on our downstairs phone socket - which had corroded (not entirely sure the correct wording as my husband relayed this back to me).  He has disconnected the socket downstairs apparently and now seems better - will monitor.  This backwiring must have been done by the original installation engineer when we took up BT Infinity as we have never adjusted any sockets etc (wouldn't know how!).

Meanwhile, he suggested a conversation about our package, so I'd be grateful if you could telephone on the mobile for a chat once you've reviewed what's gone on please!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 47 of 78

Go to solution

Hi @cjmole,

Thank you for posting back following that visit. I've ran a few checks on your connection and its still picking up a few errors on the line. I reported this back to BT Wholesale, I'll get back in touch with you tomorrow as soon as I have an update.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 48 of 78

Go to solution

@PaddyBThanks - we had a few drop-outs yesterday - although reconnects swiftly and our speed is consistently 24 or so now which is what we used to get, ping good, and upload good.  Is it possible its just settling down?  The engineer suggested that being on infinity 2 could itself be a problem as clearly we will never get the higher speeds - although we've been on it since 2013 without issue-  one has to ask why this was never mentioned to us previously ... but anyway, will be interested to hear back from you.  The engineer completely ripped out all the wiring from the downstairs socket which we don't use anyway, so had hoped this would be the end of it!  Having understood better what the issue was, I can't help wondering why they do this backwiring in the first place!

Meanwhile, enjoy the football! *everything crossed*

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 49 of 78

Go to solution

@cjmole wrote:

@PaddyB

The engineer suggested that being on infinity 2 could itself be a problem as clearly we will never get the higher speeds - although we've been on it since 2013 without issue-  one has to ask why this was never mentioned to us previously ... but anyway, will be interested to hear back from you. 

The 'engineer'  is completely mistaken if that's what he thinks!!!

Highlighted
Sage
Message 50 of 78

Go to solution

As @licquorice says the engineer is clearly wrong about you being on Infinity 2 being the problem, it is nothing more than a software cap. You will/should recieve the full speed your line can handle.

0 Ratings