cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 41

Re: Broadband Performance / No recourse of action

@cjbev wrote:
So does seem like something changed in the infrastructure to drop from 5 to 1 in the last few weeks?

Probably a new customer connected or a customer with a faulty pair swapped to a pair that disturbs your pair that was previously spare.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 41

Smart Hub 2
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 41

Upstream sync is 800kbs
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 41

Ouch!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 41

Aye!
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 41

Something is wrong there.

Have you tried a short (20 second) disconnection of the incoming DSL line, and then see if it reconnects at a higher speed.

A loss of higher frequencies can be caused by changes in your own internal wiring, so yo really need to check the connection speed at the test socket.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 41

Hi,
I had an engineer out beginning of July who used his own kit (hub/laptop/cables) to test the line out and I believe he used the test socket as well and got the same results. His recommendation was (because I had a netgear hub) to get a BT hub just to eliminate that (even though he had tested it with a BT hub) - after contacting BT today and going through all the same tests the response was that they didnt guarantee upload speed....needless to say I'm not happy about that response....
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 41

If you cannot get a better upload connection speed, even at the test socket, then you must have a lot of high frequency interference or loss, which is making the top part of your frequency allocation unusable.

It could be caused by a split pair on another circuit which would cause a lot of crosstalk. Its going to be almost impossible to locate, although a pair change may help, if that has not already been tried.

I get a better upload  connection speed on my ADSL line.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 41

Thanks - How would I get BT (or Openreach) to test/check this?
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 41

Just a quick check, are you using any powerline  adaptors, as they can cause this type of interference?

0 Ratings