cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex5
Message 1 of 6

Broadband Problems. (Extremely slow or not working at all)

Go to solution

My broadband is extremely slow. running at 9Mbps upload and 0.4 download. The Broadband will also stop working for large amounts of time during the day and night. The download and upload speeds are below my guarantee and have been for ages now. whenever I've called to report the problem i have been told there is no problem and they wont send out an engineer unless i pay. i am not paying for an engineer as i know there is a problem and an engineer should be sent out to fix this. My package is Super fast fibre 2 unlimited with a BT hub 5 and it should guarantee me upload speed of 17Mpbs minimum. however this 17 is much higher than the 9Mbps i am getting. I want to be able to stream my online games but i cant, i can even play online games such as gta online or call of duty because my upload speeds and download speeds are too low. and half the time the internet isn't working at all. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband Problems. (Extremely slow or not working at all)

Go to solution

post stats from your hub  troubleshooting then helpdesk

check for line noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone preferably from test socket

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Alex5
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
I finally got BT to send an engineer out after 6weeks of asking them. thank you for replying and wanting to help tho. the engineer will be at my place on monday. if what they do doesnt fix it ill get back to you
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Alex5,

Just a quick post to see how things went with the engineer?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Alex5
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Engineer sorted everything out. Thank you. great service and now the speeds are way above the minimum. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Alex5,

That's great, thank you for posting back 👍

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings