cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Broadband Slow And landline Phone Won't Work

Hello.I've paid for fast fibre unlimited (usually 30ish down and 9up) but only receiving 4.6MBPS and also my landline won't work since the same period (thursday).BT said there was no line fault (auto check) but could the broadband throttling be affecting the landline? Don't want to buy another handset really unless I need to but I need this resolved.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband Slow And landline Phone Won't Work

go to help at top of forum page and then check for faults in your area   if no faults then have you checked your lline using a phone from the test socket?  if still no dial tone then report a phone fault to 151

if no dial tone that is cause of your slow speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

I removed the splitter and connected the phone into the socket direct.I rang my number using the mobile and it rang but when I picked up I could still hear the ringing sound.There are no local faults apparently.Although there is a constant drone on the landline.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Then your phone line is disconnected on one wire, probably somewhere on the external network. Until the phone line is fixed, nothing is going to get better.

0 Ratings