cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Broadband Speed Test - Password Query

Go to solution

If I try to use the BT Broadband Speed Tester at: https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/broadband-speed/test-your-bt-broadband-speed  it ask for ID and password and I have been inserting that used to access MY BT, but when I click the login button it just takes me back to the login page again. Can I assume you are meant to use the same ID and passord to run the speed test as that to acceess MY BT.

If I deliberately enter an incorrect password for the broadband speed test it flags up an incorrect password message so obviously something is working to validate the password.

Does anyone else the same problem if using the BT broadband speed test?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband Speed Test - Password Query

Go to solution

I do, not that I use it much.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi, @allanraymond yes its the same details, I've just tested the link using my own MyBT details and it worked without a problem, try clearing your cookies and cache.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks but a strange outcome. I cleared cookies and cache (my bowser is Firefox) and had the same problem. Then tried IE browser and it worked OK, I reverted to Firefox browser and it worked.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
I only have (had) a problem with theBT tester in my link. It now works OK after a convulated to and fro. I use a non BT tester on a regular basis which keeps a log of my Broadband speed.
0 Ratings