cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Broadband Speed drops each Saturday when 4k TV is on

It seems like local congestion could be causing your speed to drop at the weekend. Watching live sport in 4k would be pushing your connection to its limits during peak times. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

That was my conclusion (and I can live with it tbh) but is the Guaranteed Minimum Speed for 100% of the time or are BT able to exclude every Saturday afternoon? 🤔

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Champions League Football is on and speed plummets at kick off so that CH433 is unwatchable again 🙄

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

I'd report it as a fault because that's clearly not right

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

I hadn't done anything about this and tolerated the regular drop out but last night my BT HDTV (You View) box crashed and wouldn't restart. 

I must admit that I had taken to using the Community chat because of historic poor experiences when calling up and getting someone from the other side of the planet reading prompts from a screen and basically spending an hour getting to the same conclusion reported in the first place. 

Anyway, the advice was to report on the 0800 800 150 number so I did. Pleasantly surprised that I got straight through to a lovely lady with a North East accent and after a few quick checks said that she noticed my broadband line wasn't right and arranged for an engineer to attend on Monday to resolve. She also ordered a replacement BT 4k TV recorder, without quibble or endless rebooting attempts, which will be sent out on Monday too.

Overall an excellent customer service experience so here's hoping that all will be resolved next week 🤞🏻

Message 16 of 17

I spoke too soon 🙄

No TV box arrived after 5 days so called again to check that it had been despatched. Another very nice lady from the North East told me that there was no record of an order being placed last Saturday and for her to do so the system needs an engineer to attend rather than posting one out. To do that will be another week for the next appointment. 

I had to ask for a credit for being without a service for over a week and was offered £10 which seemed about right for a week. 

Let's see what happens next! 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

@NigelB72wrote:

I'd report it as a fault because that's clearly not right

Why is it a fault? As the OP has clealy been advised earlier in this thread the recommended minimum speed for 4K is 44Mbps. His connection only supports 36Mbps.

0 Ratings