Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Broadband Speed reduced drastically.

Go to solution

I'm on fibre 1:

• Your normal available download speed will be between 45-50 Mbps
  • Your normal available upload speed will be between 8-9 Mbps

Speed tests are all reporting 20Mbps - bufferbloat is terrible now - getting 2-2.3 MB/sec on downloads.

Not hitting the say fast guarantee, what can i do about this?

hub.png

bb.pngspeed.pngBT.png
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Broadband Speed reduced drastically.

Go to solution

Getting worse, feels like i'm back on my old ADSL connection.

Untitled.png

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @ZHENOVSKY,

Thank you for posting I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your connection. To help rule out any issue with your phone service please run a quiet line test by dialing 17070 from your BT Landline. If using a corded phone then the test should be quiet, if you are using a cordless phone then you may hear a low hum.

Thanks

Paddy

Message 4 of 15

Go to solution
Yeah, i'll have to buy a phone to plug in, I don't use the landline.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

can you also enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

bb.jpg

I tried another  BT Hub 6A - with an older firmware, SG4B1000E01E - same speeds.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

as your attainable speed is also low you need to check to see if you have a dial tone and if so is there noise on the line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution
Borrowed a cordless phone, very loud hum (the handset i guess) - constant static sound while the line is open, i can't dial out, to my parent's landline or a mobile btw, but i do hear static when i open the line.

as you stated "attainable speed is also low" - I had no issues with my speed before, i was hitting 8-9Mbps on downloads, it's not gone above 2.5Mbps since I've noticed this slow down.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

if you have no dial tone and sure phone is actually a working phone then I would check again from test socket to eliminate anything in your home causing a problem.  if still no dial tone then phone 151 and report a phone fault not broadband

Message 10 of 15

No Service - External Line issue.

Go to solution

Hello, recently posted - https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Broadband-Speed-reduced-drastically

After speaking with BT support last Wednesday, they confirmed my line degradation and said it will be fixed by Friday 19th.

Thursday morning, around 9am, the broadband goes off, hub is flashing pink - ring them back and they're telling me that colour is an external fault, and that the engineer who came out on the Thursday morning couldn't fix it and has escalated it to openreach as they have to dig the ground up in order to fix it.

It was fine prior to this visit besides the speed, which was also confirmed with them i was getting half the speed I should.

What am I supposed to do with this? I have two people in my home working from home. I can't contact these engineers, and BT told me they also can't directly contact them.

0 Ratings