cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Broadband Speed test

Hello,

I have fibre broadband (FTTC). When I run speed test using BT, it always show 64mbps but all other speed test sites mostly shows 20-23mbps and rarely shows 64mbps.

This can't be true unless BT speed test has hard coded values or I am missing something. BT speed test takes 3-5minutes while other site less than a minutes,

Also my broadband connections do drops few times during the day for few seconds and its very irritating when you are in conference call.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Manoj

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband Speed test

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Run btspeedtester and post results remember delete number and must be done with wired connection    https://speedtest.brtwholesale.com/

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks. I will come back as in morning its showing 60+mbps on every speed checker site.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Strangely, even I can feel issue with speed, BTwholesale speed checker always showing 60+ mbps while wired even when other speed checker showing around 15mbps.

Even with wired too, I saw connection being dropped for few seconds but no change in router light.

Thanks

Manoj

moj_garg_0-1600890723096.png

moj_garg_1-1600890738233.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The BT Wholesale checker measures the speed before your connection reaches the Internet, so its a true indication of speed, and is unaffected by congestion on the core Internet.

When you use an external speed tester, then the speed will depend on the amount of traffic on the Internet, and you will get a lower speed, during peak times.

0 Ratings