cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Broadband Speed

Why is my Broadband only giving me 9-12Mb download speed.  I can't even watch BT Ultimate Channel and Subscription Channels signal scrambles and cuts out intermittently.  I have BT Infinity Fibre 2 Unlimited.  Even the Speed Checker doesn't always work.  Says no problems in the area for all services !!!.  Not getting even close to what I am paying for.  Unplugged cables/restarted/factory resets - all do nothing to solve SLOW SPEEDS.  No-one manning the phones & online helper is useless.  Help....

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Broadband Speed

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

can you run btdspeedtester with ethernet connection and post results

https://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Nobleicam_0-1591538775265.png

17070 check seems ok.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Nobleicam_1-1591539031160.png

Also, this was the speed check

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

when you say quiet line test seems ok it needs to be silent - no hiss, crackle, static etc

hub stats?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Hi, Sorry slight hiss and a crackle once.  Tried test 3 times.

BT Smart Hub Manager
Back

This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics.

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084319+NQ71417387

Firmware version:

SG4B1000E020

Firmware updated:

29-Mar-2020

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 0 Hours 28 Minutes 38 Seconds

Data rate:

8.83 Mbps / 43.47 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

8847 / 45930

Noise margin:

6.3 dB / 4.8 dB

Line attenuation:

44.3 dB

Signal attenuation:

29.6 dB / 44.3 dB

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

68 MB Uploaded / 1 GB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-852P

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 11)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-852P__5GHz

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 40)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

A4:08:F5:68:D0:39

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

have you just moved your connection as checker shows speed today at 22mb but stats not show it at 43mb

any line noise on quiet line test is a problem and needs reported as phone fault to 151

the btspeedtester results are wrong and looks like it is still not working correctly

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Haven't moved anything.  Did a Speed Test from my phone and shows this:

Nobleicam_0-1591540753662.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

the hub stats show connection time of only 28min so something changed

using your phone and running test with wireless will basically give different result depending on where in your home and the interference   only acceptable test is using ethernet connection

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

This problem has been ongoing for about a week. I used to get around 49Mb. Which department is best to call about this. I get fed up with the 'Factory Reset' option with my Ultra HD Box as this just ends up losing all my recordings and leaves me with same issue. Thanks, for all your help, Ian...
0 Ratings