cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Broadband Speed

I've recently upgraded to Halo 2 900 and I have a fibre to house connection. I've run a speed test through the BT website which sways my Download and Upload speeds meet the minimum stayfast guarantee after running a speed test through the BT website.

I've also run a speed test through an app on my desktop PC which is linked via an ethernet cable which shows I'm getting a download speed of 128 Mbps which is well below the guarantee.

Is there a way of running the BT speed test and seeing what the results actually are?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Broadband Speed

You might find the discussion in this thread useful: 

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/BT-Fibre-900-Upgrade-Smart-Hub-2-upload-throttling/m-...

There are so many variables that could potentially be impacting on what you are seeing, for example the speedtest being used, server the test is using (if Ookla) etc.  With regard to your PC via the ethernet cable then the first question would be to check your network card settings to make sure you're connected at the fastest speed possible.  Have a browse of the other posting and post there as it has a large number of followers and you are more likely to get a response.

0 Ratings