Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starbuck88
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Broadband Stopped Working, Said Resetting Username

Hi All,

I've not altered or touched my HH6. Yet whilst on the internet, the pages stopped responding and the page came up with the router showing the orange light saying lets fix your connection.

Clicked through to troubleshoot and it said we've now reset your broadband username and the problem is fixed you can now access the internet.

I never changed the broadband connection username??

Worried now incase something funny is up?

Kindest Regards

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband Stopped Working, Said Resetting Username

if worried or still problems then reset back to factory setting by pressing the recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs till lights flash   then reboot and should be ok  remember delete smart setup

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
starbuck88
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

I've actually just done this but when it tried to connect it couldnt so clicked troubleshoot and gave the same message...

"We've made some adjustments to your BT Smart Hub and your broadband should be working normally. 

If you changed the broadband username at any point, note that we've changed it back to the default username."

Kindest Regards

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

username should be bthomehub@btbroadband.com

if working ok then just keep a check for few days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings