Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Broadband Troubleshooter question "Is this speed guarantee 3+ claims?"

Go to solution

Hi all,

I worked my way through the online BT broadband troubleshooter and it determined I have a fault. It then came up with the question: "Is this speed guarantee 3+ claims?" Initially I selected "Yes", which then suggested I carry out additional checks. I changed this to "No" at which point it stated that there is an outside fault. It confirmed contact details and the fault has now been submitted for repair.

Anyway, my question is what does the question "Is this speed guarantee 3+ claims?" mean. Thanks.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Broadband Troubleshooter question "Is this speed guarantee 3+ claims?"

Go to solution

I haven't a clue, I would never use an online troubleshooter.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

@pippincpwrote:

I haven't a clue, I would never use an online troubleshooter.

Well that doesn't exactly answer my question...

I guess it's personal preference but having completed all the checks recommended on this forum, I was pleased to see the option to troubleshoot the problem via my bt.com account rather than by phoning CS - and it happily raised a fault for me Smiley Happy Now we'll see if the issue gets fixed - estimate is 3 days...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

I reckon it is something to do with the Ultrafast 100Mbps speed guarantee where if it falls below that you can claim £20 up to 4 times a year  see this link  https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/ultrafast-speed-guarantee/?s_cid=con_FURL_fasterspee...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@conradwrote:

I reckon it is something to do with the Ultrafast 100Mbps speed guarantee where if it falls below that you can claim £20 up to 4 times a year  see this link  https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/ultrafast-speed-guarantee/?s_cid=con_FURL_fasterspee...

Yeah a bit cryptic but looks like that's it. thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@sandbrainwrote:

I guess it's personal preference but having completed all the checks recommended on this forum, I was pleased to see the option to troubleshoot the problem via my bt.com account rather than by phoning CS - and it happily raised a fault for me Smiley Happy Now we'll see if the issue gets fixed - estimate is 3 days...

UPDATE: Raising fault via troubleshooter on bt.com worked well for me. OR engineer turned up at 08:00 this morning, less than 24hrs after raising fault - and he could see the additional comments I submitted. Good increase in speed; hoping connection remains stable Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@sandbrain wrote:

@sandbrainwrote:

UPDATE: Raising fault via troubleshooter on bt.com worked well for me. OR engineer turned up at 08:00 this morning, less than 24hrs after raising fault - and he could see the additional comments I submitted. Good increase in speed; hoping connection remains stable Smiley Happy

Agreed.
I used the troubleshooter some months ago, mainly out of curiosity.
Being 600 metres, or so from the cabinet, you would expect some sort of noise interference, as the cable runs along a busy main street. There was a vaiation of noise margin throughout the day.

However the troubleshooter logged a fault, and Openreach fixed a terminal connection problem the same day, without having to prompt or ask for assistance.

VDSL has been stable since then, with an improvement in speed.

However, would advise not to use the troubleshooter unless absolutely necessary - "if it works, don't touch it".

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
So does this mean we should answer "no" if we don't have the Ultrafast Speed guarantee?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@scook94wrote:
So does this mean we should answer "no" if we don't have the Ultrafast Speed guarantee?

That's correct, answer "No".

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks, that's what I did and they confirmed a fault at their end. Bizarrely, if I clicked "yes" (i.e. I would have been due compensation), they say there's no fault and the problem is at my end! Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings