Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jb82
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Broadband access lost since Mon 6th Aug

Request for moderator assistance

We lost broadband access on Monday (PSTN is fine). I have been in contact via chat, 150, email, sms ringback (but wasn’t called back) and there’s no resolution in sight.

An order I wasn’t aware of was placed on my line apparently on Monday when the problems stated (hub flashing orange).

Via chat I was told not to worry everything would be working from midnight (I pointed out I wasn't expecting an order on my line). It wasn’t working the next day - I received an sms confirming the mysterious order on Tuesday AM, I selected the option to say there were problems, but did not get called back.

First call to 150 (Tues PM), the agent told me the order was for Cu broadband (I assume ADSL) - we have had infinity (VDSL) for about 4 years so I don’t know why this would have been done. I tried an ADSL modem (HH3) anyway but this didn’t work so I called again Wednesday PM.

The next agent told me he couldn’t explain what’s happened to the account (could see the order but was ‘stumped’). I was cut-off whilst he said he would phone someone to find out what had happened.

Obviously I have checked the usual things (have tried a HH3, 4, 5, Smart Hubs, filters, direct master socket connection etc.) but it is quite clear there is something wrong on the BT side.

Also very odd - having been happily using Infinity, the availability checker on bt.com now suggests we can only get ‘Faster broadband’ (which I assume is ADSL)! So something really doesn’t stack up.

Although we are ‘plus’ customers we have not been offered a mini hub or unlimited data on our mobile plans and will start incurring our own costs very soon.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Broadband access lost since Mon 6th Aug

I have asked mods to help find out why delay  they will post here 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
PaddyB
Message 3 of 17

Hi @jb82,

I'm sorry you've been left without a broadband connection. I'll be able to help you get the service repaired.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
jb82
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 17

Thanks Paddy.

I submitted the details through the contact page. Hopefully they were received (have not received a confirmation/follow-up).

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 17

you normally get ref number

can take 2/3 days for mods to contact you once your form reaches top of inbox

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DanielS
Message 6 of 17

Thanks for taking the time to do that @jb82.

I can see that it's last in our queue at the moment. It should take us a day or two before we can get back to you.

DanielS

0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 7 of 17

@jb82 Thanks for speaking with me there, I'll get back in touch after the engineer's visit.

Thanks

0 Ratings
StephanieG
Message 8 of 17

@jb82 good speaking with you there. Please post back after the 09/10 and let us know if FTTC is available to order on your line.

Thanks

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 9 of 17

@StephanieG any chance the community can have further info on this as it seems a strange occurence?

0 Ratings
StephanieG
Message 10 of 17

@pippincp extremely strange, and unfortunate I might add.

@jb82 placed an order for something else unrelated to his broadband package, but as part of that order his FTTC service got changed to an ADSL service. This obviously should not have happened, and it led to him having no connection.

It then turns out that FTTC is currently not available at the cabinet for new orders, which means we now have to wait until this work completes (due in October) before we can make the switch back to FTTC. In the meantime, @jb82 got connected up with ADSL by the engineer visit a few weeks ago.

So not great all round, and Openreach are not accepting any orders at all, regardless of the circumstances, so we need to wait for their work to complete.

0 Ratings