cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Broadband activated but no connection to internet

I ordered BT fiber broadband with digital voice on 12th May with an activation date of 20th May. I received email and text on 20th that my order has been completed and broadband and digital voice has been activated.

I waited till next day as BT suggested that it could take till midnight for the services to be fully activated and working. I was greeted with a solid orange light next morning (21st). I called BT customer services and reported the issue and they asked me to restart the smart Hub 2 and ONT so that they can sync and work. 

After 15 minutes of trying I was told that the hub I received is faulty and I would need another one. BT dispatched the hub the same day and I received it the next, hurray!! I was excited and connected the new smart hub 2 within seconds of receiving it and was greeted with a solid orange light with a similar pace on 22nd May. 

I called BT customer service again and reported the same issue with new hub. The engineer was helpful and tried so many different things patiently. However, he couldn't diagnose the issue and booked and engineer for next morning. 

Openreach engineer came sharp 8am on 23rd and after 1 hour diagnosed the issue. The service hasn't been activated properly as "BT hasn't double tagged the line". I was told that BT hasn't connected my line properly and that the issue will be reported to BT automatically from Openreach systems to be fixed. I called BT and reported the same issue and they asked me to wait until 26th May due to bank holiday weekend. 

Today on 25th May (bank holiday), I received a text message from BT that my Broadband is ready. I was over the moon and rushed to home as I was outside shopping. I spent nearly 30 minutes, doing the same steps the engineers did over the call and same solid orange light. 

I am now so annoyed and frustrated and I know BT will come up with an excuse tomorrow. The funny thing is that the fault I reported is still open with an estimated fix date of 28th May, but the text says my broadband is ready. What's even more funnier is that the status on MyBT app shows that I have no issues with both digital voice and fiber brodband amd both services are working fine. 

BT has already sent me a bill from 20th May and haven't provided me any service. 

Can I ask BT moderators to please look into this issue and help me if you can? I am planning to cancel my order if BT can't fix my broadband tomorrow on 26th. 

Annoyed customer.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband activated but no connection to internet

The mods can't deal with FTTP issues. Give the FTTP team a ring. 0800 587 4787.

Let us know how you get on.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband activated but no connection to internet

Thanks pippincp. I am expecting a call today from BT and will update.

0 Ratings