cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Broadband availability checker confusion

Go to solution

When I put my address into the braodband deals page I get this message:
"Great news You can get our next generation Full Fibre broadband, with speeds up to 900Mb."

However, after I scroll down I can only see the following:

Full Fibre Essential (35Mb - 36Mb Download speed range)

Full Fibre 1 (50Mb Download speed)

Full Fibre 100 (150Mb Download speed)

I can't see the 900Mb package eventhough it says I can get it at the top of the page.

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Broadband availability checker confusion

Go to solution

Try using the dslchecker and post results. This will give better idea of what is available to you

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

unknown.png

That is what the website you sent shows after putting in my landline.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

Suprised that is the only result given but hey-ho.

Give the FTTP team a ring and find out. 0800 587 4787.

Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

I'm in the same situation, so think this is going to be pretty common as FTTP rollout expands. My street was FTTP enabled two weeks ago (when checker started showing FTTP available), but BT is still adamant I can't get it. What you see on the screen is actually only called "full fibre" as the speeds are from their FTTC/gfast offering. Their CS was telling me some BS about guaranteed speed/capacity not available. The rest of providers who use Openreach can all order 330 from them.

On some other forum people were saying it takes a few months sometimes for BT to be able to offer FTTP after checker says its available...

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

Bt normally use checker to see if available

@someuser08 

enter your phone number in checker and post results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

@imjolly 

Its the same as @E1234TJ  - WBC FTTP 330/50 Available. "Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues. FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered."

I confronted BT CS about this and they admitted its not a live lookup to wholesale checker, they use some other criteria as well (but I haven't got so far to anyone who would know what exactly).

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

@someuser08 

then you should be phoning the FTTP 08005874787 who deal with FTTP/G.FAST connections not CS

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

@imjolly 

Which option should select when calling? The options look the same when going  via 0800800150... I already spoken to upgrade team, fault team, "value/retention" team without any luck. the only one I haven't tried is new order team...

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

@someuser08 

I am not lucky enough to have an FTTP option so have not actually phoned the 08005874787 but numerous posts with referrals to this number have solved FTTP problems such as yours

0 Ratings