cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Broadband availability checker confusion

Go to solution

I think the problem is that although it is the dedicated number for the FTTP team, it gets diverted to the standard CS options when busy.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

Ah, that explains it! So it should directly to them without any options? I'll keep trying then...

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

I think I know why in some cases where users can get FTTP but not the 500 and 900 products. This can be due to:

• some areas where their head end exchange still uses ECI based Optical Line Termination (OLT)
  • Backhaul capacity issues
  • Headend exchanges not yet upgraded to newer equipment that can utilise the faster  Gigabit G-PON  standards

These will be upgraded over time 

Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

Yes, I'm aware, however in our case 300 is not showing up either...

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

@someuser08 BT Consumer don't offer a FTTP 300 product.

It's just Full Fibre 1 (up to 50Mb), Full Fibre 2 (up to 74Mb), Full Fibre 100 (up to150Mb), Full Fibre 500 (upto 500Mb), Full Fibre 900 (upto 900Mb)

Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 12.39.12.png

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

@jac_95  

This is news to me! According to this page is/was available for £39.99:

https://www.bt.com/campaign/full-fibre-240

(products for me listed there as Fibre Essential, Fibre 1, Full Fibre 100, Full Fibre 300)

If it's true that 300 is no longer available then it explains some things, but means I'll be migrating off BT shortly...

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

Maybe a recent product refresh* still worth callings sales to see if they can offer the full fibre 300 if still on oneview. 

*https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/08/isp-bt-makes-uk-fttp-home-broadband-packages-even-chea...

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks. I called this number and they said Full fibre 300 was available at my property for £39.99.

Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

@E1234TJ 

Did you manage to get through directly to the FTTP team? Every time I dial it I get to generic CS options...

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution
Yeah I also got taken to the normal customer support. I just asked the guy what the maximum speed I could get was and provided the needed information, he said I was able to get the full fibre 300 package for 39.99, then he asked me what I was going to use the internet for and a few other questions.
0 Ratings