Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Balddevil
Contributor
Message 1 of 59

Broadband boost

In December I received an email regarding the price increases to broadband, but if I renewed I would not get these increases and carry on paying what I am now. Also I would receive a boost in speed to 76mb/s.

We're boosting your broadband speedEnjoy faster movie downloads and smoother streaming as we're giving your broadband speed a boost up to 76Mbps. If you haven't already received your speed boost, you can expect it before the end of this year.

I renewed and  my speed is still the same and has not increased.

Any advice please?

0 Ratings
58 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 59

Re: Broadband boost

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

can you post stats from router

if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Balddevil
Contributor
Message 3 of 59

925A7C25-AC4D-40F0-B35A-B1D9DD9198CE.png

0 Ratings
Balddevil
Contributor
Message 4 of 59

Updated the info, see below 

0 Ratings
Balddevil
Contributor
Message 5 of 59

76B99FC8-F960-4AC4-82B7-7E29FC8D0F03.jpeg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 59

from your router stats your max attainable speed is only 52mb so from that you would not benefit on infinity 2 but your estimate from dslchecker is higher so have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that helps improve speed

from your up speed you are in infinity 2 otherwise you would be limited to 10mb and not current speed of 16mb

it also looks like you have had previous problems with disconenctions as you appear to be in a banded profile hence the restricted speed of 35mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Balddevil
Contributor
Message 7 of 59

Yeah I’ve had a problem with speed. A Qube  engineer came yesterday and said my line had been capped due to the dlm . It has been at 35mb/s for 3 weeks, he arranged for an openreach engineer to come today, but I received a call from BT and was informed they had found a fault just outside the exchange and rectified it so the engineer didn’t have to come out to me.

As yet my speed hasn’t changed from 35mb/s

I have previously tested the router in the test socket but got same results.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 59

by same results in test socket do you mean the speed was the same at 35mb?

if so that is expected as you are in a banded profile but your attainable may have improved meaning that once out of banding you may be able to get speeds nearer dslchecker results.  can you connect to test socket with filter and post router stats

at present banding will release automatically but it can take weeks/months of stable connection or you get a broadband engineer visit and after fixing a fault he can reset DLM to get you out of banding

0 Ratings
Balddevil
Contributor
Message 9 of 59

I will try that later and post results.

unfortunately it’s school holidays and the kids are all on Xbox so if I disrupt them my life won’t be worth living!!

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 59

this may help  https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/FTTC-DLM-What-it-is-How-it-works/ba-p/1322799