cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Balddevil
Contributor
Message 21 of 59

Re: Broadband boost

I contacted them on the evening of the 2nd so hopefully get a response soon.

the faceplate will be 20 years old now so probably the problem. The matersocket is the only one used in the house so I would probably guess that the internal wiring isn’t causing a problem.

thanks for your response @imjolly

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 59

If you have and old master socket and old extension sockets then it is quite possible the problem is the internal wiring as the sockets do not have to be in use for the internal wiring to be causing you connection problems

if it is internal wiring problem then if engineer visit you will be charged for callout and fixing connection -£129.99

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Balddevil
Contributor
Message 23 of 59

Again thanks for the reply and info.
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 24 of 59

Hi @Balddevil,

I can see that @RobbieMac has been dealing with your case. He is out of the office today but back in tomorrow. He will follow up with you then. Please accept my apology for the delay.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Balddevil
Contributor
Message 25 of 59

Thanks for that @PaddyB I am on night shift tonight and tomorrow  so between 1pm and 4pm would be good.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 26 of 59

Hi @Balddevil,

@RobbieMac will be in the office then so I'll ask him to contact you between then.

Thanks

DanielS

Balddevil
Contributor
Message 27 of 59

0 Ratings
Balddevil
Contributor
Message 28 of 59

I’ve plugged hub into test socket again as the connection had become to unstable reducing my download speed daily. It appears my line has been capped again via dlm

0 Ratings
Balddevil
Contributor
Message 29 of 59

@RobbieMac I’ve just come in off night shift and the connection has been lost again, with the hub in the test socket. Download speed has reduced again to 44mb/s.

would it be possible for you to continue monitoring my connection?

Could there be a problem with my Homehub?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 30 of 59

@Balddevil sorry about that. @RobbieMac is due in this afternoon, I'll let him know that you've posted.