cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

Broadband capping

HI. I have recently joined BT fttp. After a good start I seem to be capped at 10Mb/s download sync speed as past few weeks. Before  that the router had been consistently  been between 12 and 14 Mbps.  I have all the information here from my Samknows box for the last 3 years

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: Broadband capping

Hi @Pyebald welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Can you post your Home Hub router stats and we'll take a look? You'll get them by entering 192.168.1.254 in your browser, go to advanced settings then technical log information.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 24

I have the technical log downloaded but I don't know how to send it

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

Take a screenshot of the information page and post it using the camera icon.

screenshot.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

Screenshot_20210614-220702_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 24

Hi @Pyebald

Many thanks for posting the stats. They show you are on FTTC and not FTTP. I can't see anything wrong based on the max attainable and noise margin stats and there doesn't appear to be much room for improvement.

Can you post the results from the wholesale availability checker? Make sure you remove your telephone number before posting the screenshot.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

I'm interested to know how, if you have only just joined, you can have SamKnows stats going back 3 yrs.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 24

chart.png

 This is from the last 6 months' download speed. I was with Plusnet before BT and the speed was always better than what I am getting now.  I think the reduced speed may to do with a Lightning strike we had about 3 weeks ago. It took out my router  and various other network-connected devices 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

can you enter phone number and post results - see what the estimated range for your line actually is   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

can you leave exchange and cab number but delete phone number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 24

Web capture_15-6-2021_124027_.jpeg

0 Ratings