cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: Broadband capping

from dslchecker your connection speed is slightly above the expected range for your line.  as on Huawei cab if you can maintain stable connection the DLM should activate G.INP which will give a small boost to your connection speed while reducing your current noise margin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

I suppose I will have to put up with the 25% reduction in download speed. Unfortunately, I have just taken out this contract and have another 22 months to survive it. There is a new kid on the block here(Fibrus )  and will give FTTP this autumn

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

@PyebaldNo you won't. As @imjolly has said, as long as the connection now remains stable then G.Inp will be enabled again giving a speed boost.

As you mentioned earlier, the lightening strike is the probable cause in the speed drop. Just give it about 10 days and you should be OK.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

We live in hope

Message 15 of 24

chart (1).png

 This is my download speed for the last year. It still looks as if my download speed has been capped

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

@Pyebald 

For your information. 😉

BT are one of a few that don't cap. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

Why then has my sync speed been at a constant 10Mb/sec for the past 6 weeks which is lower than it has been for the past 3 years?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

Can you post current hub stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

Screenshot_20210707-200008_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

The only thing that changed from the last post of status is my upload speed the download speed never changes. Yes, my download is still within specs but it is still 20-25% lower than I was previously getting.

0 Ratings