Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
broadsword111
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Broadband checker says HTTP available but BT website says i can't get Infinity

Hi,

BT Openreach have been working on upgrading our cabinet to FTTP.

Checked my line ast night and after a long wait they are now accepting orders. Looked at BT options and site came up with everything including Infinity 2, 3 and 4. Thought i would leave it to this morning as there was so much choice.

I go back on this morning and all Infinity options have gone. The only one available to me is standard, snail, broadband.

Double checked BT open reach and which ever way i do i for tel lone or postcode it states that WBC FTTP is availabel to my line with speeds of up tp 100Mbs plus. I checked with another provider and it seems that i can get fibre broadband with them.

Does anyone have any idea as to why everything from openreach indicates that I should be able to get fibre but BT says I can't?

Cheers

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
lines_man
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Broadband checker says HTTP available but BT website says i can't get Infinity

Upgrade your PCP to FTTP? FTTP doesn't require a PCP.....

Also Openreach FTTP speeds go up to 330mbps, I don't think they do a 100mbps package....

Are sure it's not just FTTC that's available?
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 8

Re: Broadband checker says HTTP available but BT website says i can't get Infinity

Could you post a screenshot of the checker? Remove your phone number first though.

0 Ratings
broadsword111
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number xxxxxxx  on Exchange CAMBRIDGE

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC FTTP Up to 330 Up to 30 -- Available

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 5 -- 3 to 7.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 4 -- 2.5 to 7 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available

0 Ratings
dja1000
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

It appears ur in the same boat as me!

0 Ratings
broadsword111
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Can you get FTTC -  the checker states that faster options are available but when i contact BT they say that i can't get BT Infinity FTTC or FTTP and that only standard broadband is available with a

maximum download I can expect is around 5 Mbs.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

according to the checker FTTP is available with speeds up to 330 Mbps  

best to contact the FTTP sales team who would know more.

0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
broadsword111
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

0 Ratings