cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KayM
Message 1 of 3

Broadband connection constantly dropping out

For over a year now my fibre broadband which was  previously stable for two years has started to drop out at least 5-10 times a day. I have had a complaint open for months, 11 engineer visits, some cable spans being replaced, some connections checked, numerous discussions within open reach at various levels. They have tried a few things but we are a long way from the cabinet so could be a fault anywhere on the 1km journey and they are not about to dig up the road as there are only 3 people on our phone line (we live in the middle of nowhere). However, after BT and openreach both decided they were not going to be able to rectify this fault and offered instead to reduce my monthly bill (no really!) - I noticed on here that someone had a very similar problem and it was a connection issue at the exchange. I am so heartily sick of losing connection when working from home and kids not being able to access their online GCSE study materials that I would love to get to the bottom of this problem. How do I ask someone to check the connections in the exchange?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband connection constantly dropping out

I rather think that if you have had 11 engineer visits and several spans of cable replaced at great cost, the connections in the cabinet (your broadband doesn't come from the exchange) would have already been checked.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband connection constantly dropping out

If BT and openreach have decided they have done as much as they can to solve the problem and have eventually got to the stage of offering a reduction in cost I don't think either will do anymore

out of curiosity does your phone work ok?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings