Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Andy_32
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Broadband connection dropping

Go to solution

Hello

I have had problems with my broadband connection dropping. I had 2 drops last night in the space of half an hour and just had another dropped connection about 15 minutes ago. I have done the broadband checks and the landline checks. I did phone 17070 for a silent dial tone test but I could hear crackling on the landline even after only plugging the phone socket directly into the landline socket.

I did get told by a colleague in work that he has also had the same problems and I'm not sure if it is an area telephone code problem or an isolated problem. The connection has stayed connected so far, since the interruption of the broadband connection.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband connection dropping

Go to solution

There should be no noise on your phone line. If there is noise this will affect your broadband connection.

You need to contact BT and report a telephone fault, NOT a broadband fault. Once the phone fault has been resolved you will find that the broadband fault will have been automatically resolved.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband connection dropping

Go to solution

Any noise on your phone line will have an affect on your BB connecion. Report a line fault witrh no mention of broadband.

Once the line fault is rectified your BB should return to normal.

0 Ratings