cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vgl2739
Message 1 of 3

Broadband connection keeps dropping!

I've called BT and explained that my broadband keeps dropping. They put me trough 3 different persons. Eventually someone told me was the one that would have solved the issue. I asked to have an enginner to visit the house because this was not the first time the issue presented. They already sent someone that suggested to change the modem. So, they changed the modem, but the issue is still there. So, they offered a enginner but alerted me that if it is your fault, they will charge me 35.00 GDB. So, I kindly refused. I will change provider, as my contact ends in a few days. Shame BT. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband connection keeps dropping!

As all ISPs use the same openreach network, apart from virgin, then changing isp will not solve you connection dropping

can you post hub stats. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information 

try quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

are you using test socket with filter to see if that helps. It also eliminates any internal problems and helps avoid engineer charge

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
vgl2739
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband connection keeps dropping!

I cancelled my contract and moved to Virgin. BT Customer Service wa not helpful. 

0 Ratings