cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xyzzy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Broadband connection keeps dropping

For the first two months after installation of Superfast fibre 2 everything was perfect - good speed, no downtime. Now I'm getting disconnections throughout the day, sometimes multiple times per hour. (HH6 goes yellow-green-blue)

Using a default setup: HH6 plugged into master socket. No extension lines. 2 laptops and 2 phones connected via wi-fi .

After reading through other threads here I tried a 17070 quiet line test both through the microfilter and the NTE5c test socket and both were silent.

Log - Is this noise margin normal?:

Firmware version:v0.09.06.05093-BT
Firmware updated:Mon Jul 16 19:39:08 2018
Board version:01
DSL uptime:0 days,00 Hours04 Mins55 Secs
Data rate:19.999 Mbps / 79.997 Mbps
Maximum data rate:27.487 Mbps / 80.941 Mbps
Noise margin:10.5 / 4.1
Line attenuation:17.3 / 15.5
Signal attenuation:17.2 / 15.5

18:43:33, 06 Aug.DSL Link Up: Down Rate=79997kbps, Up Rate=19999kbps; SNR Margin Down=0.0dB, Up=0.0dB

I'd appreciate any advice. Happy to supply anything else. (As you can see, it disconnected while writing this)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Oddius09
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband connection keeps dropping

I have been experiencing similar issues for over 2 weeks now, supposedly now on my 2nd fix which is supposed to be estimated to be completed today.

Line faults being registered as the cause of the fault both times.

Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Hi - you're not by any chance exeriencing these issues since the hot weather and only on the hottest days are you? Just a thought, could be a total red herring but I've been having issues since the hot weather. 

xyzzy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

It's possible - it's worse throughout the afternoon. The majority of the cable is underground but surfaces on a south facing wall where it sits in the sun without a box over it. 

Carries on well into the evening though, a long time past the hottest part of the day.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

at present the drops in connection are not affecting your speed as you still have max 80/20 for infinity 2  is the short conenction time due to the drops you refer to or because you used the test socket?  have you tried leaving in test socket to see if that helps your stability?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
xyzzy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

The speed has been fine throughout, but the connection would drop every 20-60 minutes for the last week or so.  It's actually been stable today.

I only tried the phone quiet test with the test socket. I'll try the modem later today -thanks for the suggestion

0 Ratings
xyzzy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

You seem to have been right - with the cooler weather the connection has become stable again, although noticeably slower

0 Ratings