cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Broadband connection

Hi,  

I have just moved house and cannot get a broadband connection.  I have followed the troubleshooting checklist and have an active phone line, definitely using the master socket and have also tried the test port. I have tried both with and without a filter but the hub is still flashing purple which I gather means it is not recognising the broadband into the property - or perhaps hasn’t been activated BT’s side?. I cannot seem to get through via telephone to any support. What are the next steps?

thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband connection

@Matthewwhiteford 

Welcome to this user forum.

When did you get told by BT, that your service has been activated?

What broadband package did you order?

Is the phone number on your line correct, when you dial 17070?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks,

I have ordered the fibre 1 package - it should have just been a straight switch from previous address to the new one, I received the email confirmation it should be active from yesterday. The telephone number is correct too?

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@Matthewwhiteford wrote:

Thanks,

I have ordered the fibre 1 package - it should have just been a straight switch from previous address to the new one, I received the email confirmation it should be active from yesterday. The telephone number is correct too?

thanks

If you have tried in the test socket, with a microfilter plugged in, and the home hub and phone plugged into the microfilter, then either the service has not been activated correctly, or the home hub is faulty.

Which BT Home hub are you using?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Yes I have exhausted all options with and without filter and test socket etc. 
It is a BTSmart Hub type A

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Matthewwhiteford wrote:

Yes I have exhausted all options with and without filter and test socket etc. 
It is a BTSmart Hub type A

Then there is no alternative apart from calling BT to say it does not work. You should get a visit within a couple of days.

Did you try a factory reset of the home hub?

You would not have been able to plug it in without a filter, as the lead on the home hub, is an RJ11 not a normal phone plug.

0 Ratings