cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mazk85
Message 1 of 5

Broadband connectivity problems - dropping out constantly.

So I joined BT about four months ago with Infinity 2 and telephone after a horrible experience with a certain cable company that for three years, couldn't provide me with an internet connection for longer than thirty seconds at a time.

Four months down the line, and I now have exactly the same problem with BT. My homehub 5 will not stay connected to the internet for longer than a minute (orange flashing light/ red B light flashing) at a time. Sorry about the potato-quality, I was trying to get a picture whilst it was flashing and the focus was still out:

IMG_20160813_141207.jpg

I have replaced the wiring in my house, changed the microfilter, bought a new router (TP-link) and connected it all directly to the test socket. Nothing. Every couple of minutes, I'm getting a drop out. I was advised that I could have an engineer out, but if the issue was with my wiring or in my home, I'd be liable for the cost (around £130). Aside from what I have already tried, is there anything else I can do to rule it out being an issue in my home?

Random: it took twenty seven minutes for my internet to stay on long enough to post this.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband connectivity problems - dropping out constantly.

If you are getting problems when connected to the test socket behind the faceplate of the master socket, there is nothing further you can do and an engineer visit is required.

0 Ratings
mazk85
Message 3 of 5

I am indeed. It doesn't matter what I change here - they all product the same results.

I can also see "WAN connection PTM disconnected" apprearing constantly in the event log.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

As already posted you have tried everything you can you need an engineer visit
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

do you have extension sockets in other rooms?  if so have you checked there is no dial tone when you are conencted to the test socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings